[at-l] Intro

--
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am new to the list and wanted to introduce myself.  It has been a pleasur=
e lurking for the last few days and reading the various post.

I am making plans to thru-hike the AT in 2003 and presently preparing mysel=
f physically, mentally, and spiritually.  I live in Ruckersville, VA just 3=
0 minutes from the AT in SNP.  I am 48 and have hiked several parts of the =
AT before: all of GA, VA, MD and VT.

I am a nurse at Culpeper Regional Hospital in Culpeper VA.  and I have cut =
back to three days a week working in order to concentrate on preparations. =
 I will start sometime in March or April depending on the weather and final=
 plans.  Until then, I will be hiking as much as possible on the AT in VA a=
nd MD.

My trail name, "Diamond Jim," was given to me by one of my co-workers and g=
ood friend.

I just finished reading Long-Distance Hiking, Lessons from the Appalachian =
Trail by Roland Mueser.  Of the many AT books I have read, it was one of th=
e best.  It is full  of information about his thru-hike in 1989.  He did an=
 extensive survey of 136 fellow thru-hikers of that year.  His book is cove=
rs "what people in general did" that year.

I look forward to meeting some of you on the trail, gleaning information fr=
om the group, and sharing my preparations for 2003.

Regards,

Jim Fitzgerald