[at-l] Winter Hiking in Idaho

When I lived up there Craters Of The Moon NM was always a good spot for
cross country skiing. I understand they have a groomed 7 mile trail now,
which is really the loop road and you can go off trail as desired. They have
a campground too but I don't know if it is open during the winter. The
terrain is outstanding with all the volcanic formations. Skiing among the
splatter cones is different.

The Sawtooths are great too but may be too far north for you. The weather
can change in a flash up there, we rappelled into a cave and the temp was in
the 70's when we came out 90 minutes later is was in the 20's and snowing
heavily. That was in July.

Bryan

"Si vis pacem para bellum"