[at-l] Escalante

Yes, 80% of the land is locked up, as you put it. But
(you have been to Escalante, so you know this,
afterall) most of the BLM land in Utah was used for
federally subsidized ranching and water rights. So
many people were ok with federally subsidized land for
ranching needs but when the welfare (supported by our
tax dollars) was pulled away and used to subsidize
recreation, it was bad.

So, if I understand you correctly, selective federal
subsidies are OK. All those cow patties in Esalante
did not come from Wild Desert Cows.

=====