Re[2]: [at-l] Re: Getting OT: Gov ain't good or bad

> >I guess it depends on how you measure quality of life. This nation is in
> >the middle of the pack among industrial nations in such matters as
> >longevity, and infant mortality. And ranks among the bottom in overall
> >health care. We have a system where the wealthy can get the best care in
> >the world, but where most ordinary people so  unfortunate as get
> sick have
> >to struggle with medical bills and skimp on medical care.
>
> There are hundreds of millions of poeple who seem to think the US has a
> better "quality of life" than anyplace else in the world.  They fight,
> scheme, work - and sometimes die to get here.  I prefer their viewpoint.

Its amazing how few people seem to be scheming on how to sneak into Cuba,
China or Russia, those workers paradises, isn't it? But why not? They have
free health care and the wealth of the country is distributed to all. All
schools are free. There are no rich oppressors. But no one wants to go to
live there. But plenty of them want to get into this country which you think
is so imperfect.

Bryan

"Si vis pacem para bellum"