[at-l] From the horse's mouth:

Bob C. wrote:
>Come on guys. We have a choice. We can continue to lambaste RnR with posts
>like the above and those recently from OB and Jim, or we can try to create
>-- recreate maybe -- a list that attempts to discuss real issues in a
>rational, sensible way.

You missed the point.  My post yesterday wasn't about RnR - it was about
you.  If you want a kinder, gentler at-l, then start with YOU.

>By the same token, it does little to further rational discussion to deride
>other list members as "selfish," or displaying a "lack of reasoning." If we
>could each manage to present our positions on matters brought to the list
>and refrain from questioning the motives or the mental abilities of those
>who have different ideas this would be a happier and more useful list in my
>somewhat humble opinion.

Applying a Federal tax checkoff to "only" the AT is pure dog-in-the-manger
selfishness and is specifically related to a "lack of reasoning".  And it
would automatically be the "kiss of death" to the idea.  If you have a
problem with this concept - we can discuss it --- on TA.  This subject no
longer belongs on at-l.  In fact, it never did.

Jim