[at-l] My Packlist for AT Starting Jan 2nd

I'd like you to add: Food and detail of your first aid kit. But that is
just my personal obsession.

I didn't see what shell you plan on using, hopefully not the silnylon rain
gear. That would get very hot during rain, leaving you with the problems of
sweating and chilling from evaporation. I'm not sure you need the extra
bottoms, except this might help you extend the comfort zone of your
sleeping bag. I am a bit concerned with the sleeping pad combination - I
hope you will sleep one night on some concrete with your system. If you
stay warm (not comfortable, just warm) then you ought to do alright. I'd
suggest something along the line of a thick Ridgerest and maybe something
home made with Reflectix - dash board protector.

I don't know that snow shoes will be all that useful in GA and NC. Instep
crampons are a very good idea.

In any case, it looks like you are thinking things through with good focus
on the systems and multi-use. I'd not be very concerned with winter pack
weight, as comfort and safety require extra ounces and pounds. Plus, it is
only 3-4 days before you resupply at Neel's Gap.

OrangeBug