[at-l] cash/travellers cheques/shiny stones?

Cash -- I would suggest carrying some cash.  $50 to $100 is plenty.  There =
are some service providers that only accept cash, so you always should carr=
y some.  Set a lower limit and then resupply at the next ATM or Post Office=
.  ATMs are in most, but not all towns.  If they have available cash, the P=
ost Office will give you $50 cash back off your debit card.

Debit Card -- For use at ATMs and the Post Office.

Credit Card -- I would also carry a credit card.  Many establishments accep=
t them.  Also, it serves as a back up at ATMs for you debit card.  ATMs hav=
e been known on occasion to eat cards.  If you only carry one debit card an=
d this happens, you are left with no source for cash.

Travelers Cheques -- I found them to be more trouble than they are worth.  =
While you would think that everyone would accept them, I found quite a few =
places that didn't know what they were and simply wouldn't accept any check=
s even travelers cheques.  I would, however, carry them if I didn't have an=
yone at home to take care of bills.  In that case, I would put them in my b=
ounce box and resupply as needed.

Big Red

Greg Benkert
gbenkert@fuse.net