[at-l] hitching in CO - was Lynne Wheldon Gear

I experienced hitching from the other side and it seems there's reason to
whine about hitching in CO.

We were heading north and stopped for lunch at a roadside park. There were
some hikers standing at the entrance with thumbs out to go south. They were
hiking part of the CO Trail, as we found out afterward.

We could see them from our picnic table and watched a fair number of vehicles
pass by without slowing. One motorhome stopped right beside them, but it
didn't pick them up.

After we ate, we went to talk to them and ended up taking them south to their
resupply point and bringing them back again. They were amazed we would do it
(we thought it was pretty normal and a great chance to talk about their hike)
and even more amazed when we told them about trail magic on the AT. They said
they never heard of trail magic on the CT.
Vcat