[at-l] AT2004 Yahoo Group

--
In a message dated 12/11/2002 9:21:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,
orangebug74@yahoo.com writes:

> I tend to agree with Ryan, that it really doesn't belong on this list.
> We hope to have kids, families and anyone comfortable with our sport.
> Some attention to our language is appropriate. There are many ways of
> saying the same thing without seeking the lowest level as a common
> denominator.
>
> Bill...

You tend to agree?? Make up your mind man....
Either you do or you don't.....

Some of you seem to overreact a bit...
If letting that word slip in keeps you off the list...
Then you probably belong on the other censored list anyway....
The word fit the situation..... If you are offended by the word..
Oh well.... Glad I used a (seemingly) mild one....

At least it was a hiking related word.....
As in the book:

"How to SH** in the woods."

If your so worried about kids reading the word.. Ban the abbreviation too.
Kids aren't stupid, they know what it means...

My point was that it takes too long to sort between the fluff on this list &
the
good information sometimes (the info is here, just harder to get to).... The
04
hikers should use the AT 04 list on Yahoo (but use other sources too).....
Thruhikers from previous years tend to join these groups ( they did in the 03
group)
& help the future hikers. They give advice, gear lists, maildrop help, web
page
URL's for AT data....
It's very helpful and (usually) easier to sort through.....

Russ (gimp)