[at-l] AT2004 Yahoo Group

TrailR@aol.com wrote:
> --
> In a message dated 12/11/2002 9:21:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> orangebug74@yahoo.com writes:
>

>>I tend to agree with Ryan, that it really doesn't belong on this list.
>>We hope to have kids, families and anyone comfortable with our sport.
>>Some attention to our language is appropriate. There are many ways of
>>saying the same thing without seeking the lowest level as a common
>>denominator.
>>
>>Bill...
>>

> You tend to agree?? Make up your mind man....
> Either you do or you don't.....
>
> Some of you seem to overreact a bit...
> If letting that word slip in keeps you off the list...
> Then you probably belong on the other censored list anyway....
> The word fit the situation..... If you are offended by the word..
> Oh well.... Glad I used a (seemingly) mild one....

So do you often use profanity in a room of 1000 people?  And to
_describe_ the group you're talking about?   You realize that you called
everyone's content and participation here BS, right?

> At least it was a hiking related word.....
> As in the book:
>
> "How to SH** in the woods."
>
> If your so worried about kids reading the word.. Ban the abbreviation too.
> Kids aren't stupid, they know what it means...

Listen, I was reading about the AT, and would probably be a member of
this list long before I had the extensive profanity crafting skills that
I have today.

Profanity has always irked me on tht list, and if you go back in the
archives you'll see that my "keep it clean" post was not a new invention
for you.

> My point was that it takes too long to sort between the fluff on this list &
> the
> good information sometimes

Keep slamming the AT-L,  that's a good use of the list.

Should I join your list and make a post like:

"This list is okay, but it's only here for a year, runs on yahoogroups
with all the crappy ads, has archives that aren't persistent, and
carries spam."