[at-l] Hiking Plans

Sorry I didn't respond earlier.

There is a requirement that all insurance companies accept the same
HCFA-1500 form for billing your insurance company. Even if you go
somewhere that requires cash/credit card up front, they should provide
you the appropriate form and signatures for your reimbursement. Carry
your insurance card, but don't be too surprised when emergencies
require prior approval, and you have hassle to get reimbursed by the
insurer.

And don't even start me on the pay cuts that Medicare has in store for
the next few years, even as new requirements for privacy, increased
malpractice premiums and whatnot continue. Our liberal Democratic
dominated Senate managed to do nothing about that little thing, even
though Medicare is supposed to be their big concern. This is trail
related for those retirees anticipating a long section or thru next
year. Many physicians have decided to opt out of Medicare, giving you
fewer options should you get injured or ill.

Bill...