[at-l] Hunting and Hiking...

> Not the victim, the adult supervision that should have known better.
>
> BTW, a coworker of mine is a scout leader and he recently caught a lot of
> flack from his troop and the other parents for cancelling a hike in MD during
> hunting season after thinking about the prudence of such a move.  He made the
> wise decision in my opinion.
>
> Black&blue

	This happened in Georgia, neh? So where can people go hiking during
hunting season without running into hunters? Are there places? Anywhere?

	There's been plenty of speculation about most every aspect of this
incident, not surprisingly. I don't seem to recall any great hue and cry
whenever a student is injured on the way to a museum field trip; why
should the adult have known better in the case of a hunting accident,
but not a traffic one?

	Ultimately, in my humble opinion, it comes down to someone shooting
without first confirming him target. Had he done so, none of this would
have happened. Perhaps that's a lot to ask of the typical weekend
hunter, but I really don't think so.

	And for another view on this timely topic -

		http://www.uclick.com/client/byr/nq/

	Ron
--

must preside at our assemblies.