Re[2]: [at-l] RE: No Hunting?

Bob C. wrote:
>>...if Clinton and Daschle hadn't gutted the defense budget maybe they'd
>>still be standing," argues Bryan.
>
>Sorry folks. But I just can't resist responding to a totally off the wall
>comment. the defence budget was cut as the Russian threat gradually
>diminished. But it remained higher than most of the rest of the world
>combined. There is not an iota of evidence that anything was cut that in
>any way could have stopped 7-11.

You should have resisted it. I'm an ex-Marine as is one of my sons.  The
other son was Airborne.  My brother is a retired Special Forces Colonel.  We
all have friends, relatives and co-workers who are either ex-military or
still in the military.  And other friends who are CIA, NSA and a couple
other alphabet soup agencies.  And we'll all tell you you're wrong.  Do you
really want details?  I can provide them.  Do you know, for example, why the
10th Mountain Division was sent into Afghanistan only after the SpecOps
troops had done the bulk of the job? Do you have any idea how few units are
combat-ready even today?

Also keep in mind who it was that gutted the overseas CIA Humint capability.
  And that specifically was the best chance we had to stop 911. And then
there was a Democratic President who allowed bin Laden & Co to kill
Americans without reprisal, without consequences, thus sending the clear
message that America was too soft to respond even to direct threats.  Hence
911.  Don't get me started.

If you believe what you said, then you're either blind or you've become, as
I expressed it the other day, politically indoctrinated to the exclusion of
truth.

>Clinton staffers say they tried to warn the Bush regime about the
>possibility of such an attack and were ignored.

Really??  So where were those people with their warnings during the bombong
of the Embassies and the Cole?

Walk softly through that minefield,
Jim