[at-l] Shooting in Georgia

Because I get the list in Digest form, I don't know if anyone has posted
this information yet, but I also think it'd be great idea if folks in the
long-distance hiking community took a minute and sent this kid a get-well
E-Mail or card; after all, this was her FIRST experience on the A.T. as an
overnight hiker, and it's a damned shame her trip ended this way.  In one of
the news stories I read, there was a quote from a member of her family,
saying something to the effect that she was determined to go back out into
the woods again, and I think that's really cool, all things considered.

Anyway, I thought it'd be great if some of us took a minute to send her a
note of encouragement, and to applaud her determination to get well and to
get back on the Trail; she sounds to me like a pretty good kid.

Anyway, for those interested, here's the contact information:

You can send an E-Mail message by going to www.stjosephsatlanta.org and
finding the appropriate section on how to write a patient.

You can send a card to  Rachel Ferguson (Patient)
                        c/o St. Josephh's Hospital of Atlanta
                        5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Road, NE
                        Atlanta, GA.         30342

Anyway, I thought it might be nice if we took a few minutes off from
hollering at each other over snowmobiles, ATV's, hunters, etc. and took a
minute to do something positive and send a note to a nice kid who could use
some cheering up; it is, after all, Thanksgiving.

                                    Hapy Holidays to all of you,

                                               ---Jack Tarlin