[at-l] re: Wild animals... was Hiker Shot By Hunter

> I see them in many National and State parks. Wildlife that is
> nolonger wild
> because they have lost  there fear of man. Like zoo animals, they are
> managed so the parks customers can see them.

I don't know that the fear of man is required, if critters decide that man
is no threat to them then they naturally aren't as fearful. Deer don't flee
at the sight of an elk for example. So if they accept people as just a
nonthreatening part of the landscape that is all to the good.

Feeding them is something else however, they just had a flap down here where
the park cops were ticketing a bunch of people for that.

Bryan