[at-l] AT Hiker Shot By Hunter

On Sun, 2002-11-24 at 15:48, Slyatpct@aol.com wrote:

> Ferguson's father said the hunter must
> have been "shooting blind," or without a specific target. "How can a hunter
> be hunting on the Appalachian Trail and not see a human being?"

As one who both hikes and hunts, I have a comment on this ( and please,
no flames because I happen to enjoy hunting )

I think that every one of us can think of times we've met someone on the
trail that we didn't see until we were right up on them, so I think that
since you can hike on the trail and not see a human being you can
certainly not see a person while hunting near the trail either.  The
article doesn't say if the hikers were wearing clothing that would stand
out, such as hunter-orange.  When I am hiking (or hunting) in the fall I
always wear a hunter-orange jacket because I do not want what happened
to the girl in GA to happen to me.  I urge everyone on the list to do
the same.

--
Christopher L McNabb
Operating Systems Analyst         Email: cmcnabb@4mcnabb.net