Re[2]: [at-l] Fwd: Snowmobiles - LONG

> Okay.  So  lets jump to the bottom line. Do we also allow them on
> the AT? And if
> snowmobiles, why not ATVs -- or pickups for that matter.

I thought we have already beaten this topic to death and buried it but let
me try one last time:

Why would you draw any logical connection between what is appropriate for
Yellowstone being appropriate for the AT? One is a huge park, 2.2 million
acres or about 10% of the state of Maine. The place is almost empty in the
Winter, it gets 150 to 300 inches of snow. Thats a bit more than almost all
the trail. There is very little winter visitation by people on foot or on
skis. So how does this compare to the trail which gets a little snow and
gets traffic during the winter?

I mean we let airplanes land at airports does that mean we should let them
land on the trail? We let ocean going cargo ships travel up the Delaware,
does that mean they should travel on the trail? This is known as reducto ad
absurdum. (which I probably mispelled)

Bryan