[at-l] Night shuttle launch...

--
In a message dated 11/23/2002 10:31:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
TrailR@aol.com writes:

> I got to Florida, just in time to see a night shuttle launch

       ***   I watched it too from about 200 miles away. The flat Florida
terrain and clear fall air made it clearly visible. From here it looks like a
big ship's flare that reaches about 10 degrees above the horizon before
arcing downrange on the earth's curvature. The tail rockets look like a
twinkling star when they clear the atmosphere...