Re[2]: [at-l] Fwd: Snowmobiles - LONG

>"...  I bet your Congressman knows you from actions, not check writing." thinks
>OB.

I  think  this  disparaging  of  donating  to  political campaigns, is less than
helpful,  if the goal is to improve the political process, as OB may know better
than  most.  Most people tend to respond best to those who respond best to their
needs.

Campaigns cost enormous amount of money these days if a candidate truly wants to
win.  Given the nature of humans, those who finance these enormous costs tend to
be listened to more seriously than others.

I have never met a candidate who didn't prefer a lot of grassroots contributions
to  the  few  big  money, special interests, that finance most elections in this
country.  If everyone contributed a little, we could negate the influence of the
money interests. Perhaps if we had all contributed we could have avoided today's
payback   by  the  Bush  administration  --  the  weakening  of  the  clean  air
regulations.

Weary