[at-l] arm pit rashes and the likes

In the distant past, I occasionally had problems with pack straps causing
irritation.  This was mostly in front and below my pits or on my arms.

Didn't have any pit problems that I recall on my thruhike in '99.  Had some
irritation this summer on my four day MSG hike in the 90+ degree heat.  I
remember spending part of an afternoon walking with my arms held out at
mildly funny (and somewhat tiring) angles to help reduce the irritation.
But, it was a temporary problem and only lasted for part of a day and it
wasn't really armpits, just the area in front of the pits.

I'm pretty sure none of these problems are related to the fact that I don't
shave my pits.

Though I've never treated mine, any of the treatments people use to treat
other "rubbing" irritations elsewhere on the body would probably be useful
if treatment becomes necessary.  Gold Bond comes to mind as does Bag Balm.

Mara
Stitches, AT99

>From: Rhw1214@aol.com
>Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 21:20:29 EST

...what kind of pit stuff you have experienced on a thru