[at-l] Alcohol Stoves

I am sure this has been bantered round quite a bit,  but I have a few
questions?

  I am looking at getting ready to "possibly" hike from GA to PA when I
retire, and I read that a lot of people use the alcohol stoves,  I
currently own a Peak1 Apex II white gas stove and it has a bit of weight to
it.

  1) Has any one used one for a LONG period of time and how do they work?

  2)  How easy is it to get the denatured alcohol on the AT?

  3)  I see a place where I can buy one for $12,  is there a place where I
can get the directions to make one?

Thanks...