[at-l] Alcohol Stoves

--
In a message dated 11/18/2002 12:46:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
russ_a_drake@icpmech.navy.mil writes:

> 1) Has any one used one for a LONG period of time and how do they work?

I usd one on the entire CDT and it worked fine.  Not as quick as a gas or
propane stove, but I didn't mind waiting the extra minute or two for a boil.

>   2)  How easy is it to get the denatured alcohol on the AT?

I use the the gasline antifreeze HEET.  It only cost about $.10, per ounce in
a 12 ounce bottle, which is about what you pay for white gas.  It was
available in nearly every town along the trail. Also, it can legally be
mailed ground with proper labeling to hostels, outfitters, etc.

The stoves are so simple and they don't break or clog up!

Email the tincanstoveman@hotmail.com he may send you one for free!

Sly