From: <greyowl@rcn.com>
To: <at-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2002 10:58 AM
Subject: [at-l] Hike Help

I have made the decision of trying to hike all of MA and CT this summer.  I
have actually hiked over 20 miles of the AT in CT but I don't mind rehiking
that section.  I do know that I want to finish at Hoyt Road in New York
State.  I would have 2 weeks off in September (Maybe August, depending on
when my son returns to school).  I am planning on maybe two zero mile days.
The total mile is 142 and I would be hiking 12 days for an average of almost
12 miles a day.  I know that CT is kind of tough but I do not think this
would be too unreasonable of milage for me.  Any thoughts as i know nothing
about MA?  Any infor would be useful.

Grey Owl