[at-l] The NPS and AT and Vision

> I've never ridden a snowmobile but somehow I got the
> impression that they have a rather rough ride and a day on a
> snowmobile usually leads to major backaches. Not what I
> would think of as disabled transportation.

Like anything else, it depends on how you use it.  I used to frequently use
ATVs on my grandfathers farm, and they provide a comfortable ride that is
actually pretty easy on the environment.  The big balloon tires actually
exert LESS PSI on the ground than hiking boots.  Used sanely, they're pretty
neat.

OTOH, you can also use them to tear up the country side in a pretty major
way.

One is use, the other is abuse...

Shane