[at-l] The NPS and AT and Vision

At 03:47 PM 11/17/2002 -0500, J Bryan Kramer wrote:
>I've never ridden a snowmobile but somehow I got the impression that they
>have a rather rough ride and a day on a snowmobile usually leads to major
>backaches.

I've ridden on one (my father-in-law owned a pair of them for a few years)
but not for a whole day.  The ride depended on where you rode and how you
drove it.  It never gave me a backache but I was much younger then (in my
late 20's) and didn't go far.

>Not what I would think of as disabled transportation.

That would depend on how you were disabled I suppose.

My father-in-law eventually sold them mainly because they were expensive to
maintain.  They seemed to be constantly in need of repair despite the fact
that he bought both of them new and wasn't a rowdy rider.  I was never bit
by the snowmobile bug.  I rode his a few times but creating your own wind
chill to the roar of an engine wasn't my notion of fun.  At least when you
provide your own locomotion you have no trouble staying warm and you can
hear something besides that damn motor.

sAunTerer