[at-l] National Parks and Snowmobiles

Bob C. wrote:

>"...I  do  believe  that  many  snowmobiles  [like outboard motors] have 4
>cycle engines today, correct me if I'm wrong." says Martin.
>
>Very,  very  few  snowmobiles  use 4 cycle engines, though some new
>machines are just  now coming on the market with such engines. For that
>matter most outboards and virtually all Personal Water Craft use two-cycle
>engines.

Not any more - when I was in West Yellowstone 2 months ago, they had 4-cycle
snowmobiles stacked like cordwood.  I won't speak for PWC's or outboards.

Thank you for the references re: 2-cycle pollution.  I didn't believe it was
that bad. In fact, from an engineering perspective there's no logical reason
except piss-poor design for it to be that bad.

Walk softly,
Jim