Re[3]: [at-l] Bush Opens Yellowstone to More Snowmobiles

Why don't we deal with the facts, after actually looking at the plan I see
that:

1) All two cycle engines are banned after two years.
2) All rental two cycle engines are banned forthwith.
3) The number of snowmobiles allowed in the West Yellowstone entrance is cut
from 1100-1500 on peak weekends to never more than 550 a day.
4) 80% of snowmobiles must use a guide service.

So it makes no sense to compare 2 cycle engine pollution since they are
being banned from the park. The total usauge is also being reduced. And four
stroke engines are much closer to automobile pollution standards and EPA is
developing snowmobile engine standards that will further reduce that by use
of catalytic converters and other means. So its all a political tempest just
designed to attack an administration which is unpopular with radicals.

Bryan