[at-l] RE: Outdoor Photography: Megapixel Madness

As computer printers have gone mainstream, these capabilities have been less
and less important to the marketing types. I know of no home/office printer
that currently advertises its line screen settings.

In the past, I have suggested that you simply play with the dpi settings in
the imaging software and print test pages to see what happens. Try the same
image at 150, 200 and 300 dpi while holding the actual image size constant.
Pick the best one and narrow the range around it until you find what "looks"
best. Not terribly scientific, but it will work for most purposes.

Those Mac types out there who are rolling on the floor laughing may feel
free to chime in that your systems can still do this accurately....

Lee I Joe