[at-l] I need some winter clothing list advice

Let's assume you have polyester wicking undies. The pants will probably be
something used in camp, but the shirt is a good choice while walking. A
down vest - cheap or expensive - can be a problem if it gets wet from rain
or sweat. A fleece vest has much more benefit although may be heavier. One
or two fleece shirts (thin ones can be layered), a fleece jacket with pit
zips, a wind shirt or similar combinations will keep your chest warm. A
t-shirt may be nice on warm days, but may not be worth the weight. A travel
shirt with button up sleeves and such can be more useful and acceptable as
a nicer trail town shirt.

The key thing is to consider where you will lose heat - your head. What
sort of hat(s), balacavas, scarfs, etc. are your packing? How about your
gloves, socks and weather/rain gear. Wind, water and cold work together in
a wicked fashion to chill you, especially in March. It is good to consider
your sleeping bag as part of your emergency clothing, as you can supplement
with additional clothing. A 15 degree bag is not excessive for NoGA and NC
in March.

OrangeBug