[at-l] I need some winter clothing list advice

> Long underwear, top and bottom, mainly to sleep in--If it's cold I could
> hike in this but it's thin stuff
> a mid-weight fleece pullover
> convertible pants to hike in
> coolmax t-shirt to hike in
> cheap down vest
> mittens
> hat
> frogg toggs
>
> At night, I've got a 15* down sleeping bag w/ a liner and an emergency
> blanket thingy to help.

This is a good list. You'll want to keep the long johns dry at all costs, so
you have something dry to change in to at the end of the day. You might add
a second pair of lightweight hiking shorts, for wearing in camp and in town,
and for hiking as the weather warms up. A pair of thick dry socks to sleep
in is nice. If it gets really cold, I use my down vest inside the foot end
of my sleeping bag -- stick your feet in the vest, then in the bag.

Ken
BC