[at-l] Uphill hiking technique

--
In a message dated 11/4/2002 9:47:46 AM Mountain Standard Time,
Phil.Heffington@oc.edu writes:

> It is simply a concentration method using counting.  I simply count each
> step of each foot and count up to ten.  When I reach ten I start again

Ha ha.  I count to 100, but I probably have gone no farther than you did in
10.  After 100, I  have trouble remembering the number.  One fellow whom I
met in 1999 (Retro) did something else.  It had to do with counting every 8
feet or something like that.  You're so right about looking up to see how
much farther.  100 steps (right foot only) never got the job done.  One-un,
two-oo, three-ee, four-oar ... helping me get over my Springer Fever attacks.