[at-l] Massanutten Loop Trail

--
  Last Wednesday I completed the 71 mile Massanutten Loop Trail located wes=
t of the Shenandoah National Park and overlooking the beautiful Shenandoah =
Valley.  The PATC Massarock Trail Crew has been working for many years on n=
ew trail construction, tying in existing trails, erecting excellent signage=
 and  reblazing the entire loop.  It is a great addition to the many trails=
 in the Northern Virginia and greater SNP area.

  This is not an easy trail and goes through some isolated areas in the Geo=
rge Washington National Forest.  In the 4.5 days it took to complete the hi=
ke, I saw one turkey hunter, 4 ATV'ers, and a church group hiking to the po=
pular Signal Knob overlook.  The weather probably contributed to the lack o=
f hikers, since for 2.5 days it rained continually and the temperature neve=
r rose above 38 degrees.

  This would be a great trail to hike in preparation for an AT thru-hike.  =
Again, my congratulations to the Massarock Trail Crew for a great job.

Web Breaker
GA--> ME 2000