[at-l] Knee braces - recommendations?

> My doctor prescribed braces to stabilize my patella.  he
> specifically
> mentioned neoprene, but I recently saw some "Thermoskin" braces
> (www.thermoskin.com) that looked like they might wick sweat better
> than many
> neoprene I've seen.
>
> Does anyone have any specific recommendations and/or warnings about
> particular brands or materials in their braces?

Hey Stitches, I hobbled into the Four Pines Hostel last year, my right
knee was killing, especially after coming down off Dragon's Tooth. As
good fortune would have it, there was a surgeon who had arrived just
ahead of me. He noted the bandana I had tied around my lower part of my
knee. He ask if I was hurting. I told him I had been but the bandana
seemed to be helping. He nodded and said that made sense and then went on
to speak some sort of medicaleese. His last comment was that he imagined
the cotton helped to keep my skin under the bandana dry.

He also noted that the bandana was much cheaper than the adjustable
elastic braces he had seen. Cheap!!! Why, I started feeling better right
away.  Hopeful

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com