[at-l] Art Loeb Trail

--
I'm sending this to the list because Jan's personal email bounced on me.  N=
ot
sure if it get to her this way, but.....

In a message dated 10/25/2002 9:08:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
janl2@mindspring.com writes:

> sLY,
> iS THERE A MAP ANYWHERE ON THE WEB YOU KNOW OF? i CAN'T FIND ONE, THO i H=
AVE
> ONE ON ORDER FROM nATL. gEOGRAPHIC.
>     (    ooops, sorry about caps)
> Want to do that Trail soon, maybe next weekend. Where to start? North or
> south? Know anything about water?

The National geographic Trails Illustrated map is the one I have. =A0You
shouldn't have any problems using that. =A0The Shinning Rock wilderness doe=
sn't
have blazes or markers, but again, it shouldn't be a problem. =A0Allen DeHa=
rt's
NC Hiking Trails has it going south to north, if you want to use his
descriptions. =A0It's rated moderate to strenuous. =A0Including Cold Mounta=
in,
it's 33 miles, with 4,084 feet of elevation gain. =A0I don't think water wi=
ll
be much of a problem, it's been raining here pretty good the last couple
weeks. =A0I know there are one or two shelters on the southern half and som=
good camping in the north.  It's an awesome  trail.

Sly