From: at-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:at-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Jim Bullard
Sent: Saturday, October 19, 2002 5:36 PM
To: at-l
Subject: Re: [at-l] Anti ATC/at-l editorial by Wingfoot

And... It was the list members who volunteered to chip in.  Ryan wasn't
"bribing" us.  He was trying to get our attention in the midst of verbal
battles and challenging us to focus on what AT-L was intended to be.
Many
of us not only accepted the challenge but chose to raise the ante.  It's
interesting that by describing what happened using the word "bribe" he
put
a negative spin on a positive act.  Ryan wanted to return the list to a
'campfire' level of conversation.  He succeeded.  Many AT-Lers saw it as
an
opportunity to do a good thing for the trail.  They succeeded.  How can
that be a bad thing?

sAunTerer