part deux: "pop v soda" Re: [at-l] just thought I'd share....

--- DTimm65344@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 10/01/02 11:34:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> sloetoe@yahoo.com writes:
> > And if He can't turn their hearts,
> > May He make anvils fall from the sky,
> > to land on their heads with hilarious pranging sounds. "
> >
> Toey -
> The way I had always heard this was;
>
> "And if he can't turn their hearts,
> May he turn their ankles,
> so we'll know them by their limping." <g>
>
> Black&blue

Yes! Yes! AMAZingly, half a dozen hiker/poet/prayerists have
responded similarly. Got to love a broadly cultured list, I say.

And just to shock: my second post/offering in two days (what's
up with that???) --

http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~almccon/pop_soda/
They've finally gone and mapped out the whole "soda"/"pop"
thing. Comfortingly, the results mirror what we have observed
(too!) many times on the at-l, including the fact that a full
95% of Connecticut natives speak of "soda".

Sloetoe,
firmly in "pop" land...

=====
Spatior! Nitor! Nitor! Tempero!