[at-l] Backpacking pants

Hi everybody,

I've got yet another question about gear (It beats doing work). And I can't=
 handle any more of the Bryson discussion. So:

I'm looking for a pair of pants, to be used 3+ seasons. I really like my Co=
lumbia Trekker shorts, and am thinking of going with the pants, but figured=
 I'd ask around first. I also like the mountain hardwear canyon pants, but =
they may be too light for cold weather, even over a base layer. The Lowe Al=
pine AT zip-offs also seem nice, if a little hard to find.

Does anyone have any favorite pair of pants, that aren't too expensive (I'd=
 LOVE the Mountain hardwear Pack pants, but they're kind of steep)?

Thanks

Josh