[at-l] Backpacking pants

I never took any pants, even in winter, other than my cheap Red Ledge
rainpants and a pair of medium weight long undies . . . while walking,
long undies, shorts and rain pants over that is more than enough down to
about zero; while not walking, get in yer sleeping bag and stay toasty
warm that way! :)

thru-thinker

Josh Miller wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I've got yet another question about gear (It beats doing work). And I can=
't handle any more of the Bryson discussion. So:

> I'm looking for a pair of pants, to be used 3+ seasons. I really like my =
Columbia Trekker shorts, and am thinking of going with the pants, but figur=
ed I'd ask around first. I also like the mountain hardwear canyon pants, bu=
t they may be too light for cold weather, even over a base layer. The Lowe =
Alpine AT zip-offs also seem nice, if a little hard to find.

> Does anyone have any favorite pair of pants, that aren't too expensive (I=
'd LOVE the Mountain hardwear Pack pants, but they're kind of steep)?