[at-l] Non-HATT hike

Well, I slacked this weekend. I discovered my wife signed us up to
drive down to Albany, GA for a local theater involving a hiking buddy.
Saturday AM, we drove north to Lake Burton, about 18 miles from Dicks
Creek Gap, the lake is fed by Dicks Creek. Saturday and Friday had been
off and on rainy.

Sunday AM, the sky was as clear and the air as clean as one could
imagine. After breakfast, I found no one else interested in spending
time driving to the Blueberry Patch and picking the annual crop of
blueberries. I reminded them of The Little Red Hen, but they knew I'd
give my work away anyhow.

As I approached Dicks Creek Gap, I saw a father and son with thumbs
waving as they sought the yellow blazed trail back to their car at
Unicoi Gap. They piled in, after sectioning from Unicoi - making it to
Deep Gap Shelter between 3PM and 10:30PM - in  pretty stiff rain. They
wanted to try out berry picking. We had the place to ourselves as most
of the fruit is long gone. About 90 minutes later, we dropped $10 for 2
gallons of excellent berries and headed off to their car. I stopped and
bought a couple gallons of water to leave at the gap, quickly
appreciated by some NOBO's who report the Blue Mtn. Shelter water as a
bare trickle.

Having enjoyed magic, this HATT weekend was a small opportunity to
donate some magic back.

Bill...