[at-l] water in North Ga.?

I suspect it is pretty dry anywhere along the East Coast just now. The
mountains are reputed to have a bit more rain than around Atlanta, and
Atlanta is as dry as a chip. Unfortunately, the humidity is sky high,
hence dehydrating stuff isn't as easy as it should be.

I'd be concerned with the risk of getting dehydrated hiking some of the
sections of NoGa, and would probably head you toward the Standing
Indian area. There is water in the area, and it is pretty easy to get
off the trail and down to the river.

I'd suspect the John's River area of the Cohutta Wilderness might be
good, but this had bear activity last year. Personally, I plan to take
the weekend to cool in Lake Burton and head to the Blueberry Patch and
gather a gallon or two.

If you are considering trying a HATT section, you might head up to Hot
Springs and take the 15 mile section I've bailed from. I'd suspect it
could be done in a day and is short enough that you could carry enough
water as other supplies wouldn't be necessary.

Bill...