[at-l] Clark Jungle Hammock.

Jeff,

Reference your post, dated August 22, 2002, inquiring about the Clark Jungl=
Hammock.

I own a Clark Jungle Hammock and a Hennessey Hammock.

You didn't specify what questions you had about the Clark Hammock.  I'll
provide some of my general observations.

I discovered:

1)  Hammocks are softer than the ground.

2)  I sleep better on the ground than in a hammock.

3)  A hammock weighs less than a tent.

3)  A hammock weighs more than a tarp and ground cloth combination.

Hammocks are convenient; you can sleep anywhere you find two trees
approximately the "right" distance apart.  If you are a solo hiker, or wish
to camp exclusively with other hammock campers, this is fine.  This
advantage diminishes if you are inclined to sleep in shelters or amongst
non-hammock campers.

I prefer the Clark Hammock; it seems to have a more durable construction an=
a better design.

FIRST WARNING:  This comparison is probably not a fair one.  The Hennessy
Hammock I own is the lightest model offered at the time and the Clark
Hammock I own is the heaviest model offered at the time - - both were
purchased about a year ago.

SECOND WARNING:  People who own Hennessy Hammocks display extreme loyalty,
even those who have never tried any other hammock.

If you like the Hennessy Hammock, don't try the Clark Hammock.  Why carry
the extra weight if you're satisfied?

Hope this answers some of your questions.

Steve