[at-l] Poor Feelix

>     Well, she gave up waiting for Feelix, and soon will wed another, one
> who knows nothing of the anguish she'll carry in her heart forever.

Though I am excited about the impending nuptials, my heart cannot help but
weigh heavy in my chest. I knew that day I saw you on the log in the woods,
and you tried getting me married to your dotter, that she was some special
lady..."She's tall..." you said. "Hmmm, I like tall" I thought. "She's a
gardener" you continued. "Hmmm, I like gardeners" I thought. In the
near-back of my mind...I was, in fact, in love with your dotter. The few
times we spoke on the fone were most pleasant. And, yes...my love was
solidified and magnified. It is because of this that the news that she'll
soon be another man's wife that a guarantee cannot be given as to my future
actions. This somehow frightens me, and...in a way...excites me.

>     She'll try to be brave, but she'll never forget what might have been
> (or the fact that her mother tried to set her up with Feelix the year he
> was thruhiking south).

Aye...nor will I. And, because of things I've seen and done and had done to
me and experienced over the course of the last 5 years...there would be not
an iota of surprise in me if yon lovely, tall gardener and the Feelmeister
do, in fact, end up married some day...or, at least meet for a wild weekend
of love and pizza...let's say St. Louis...in May?

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98