[at-l] Ticks.

Skeeter,

I live in Virginia, a little more than an hour from the intersection of the
Tuscarora Trail and the Appalachian Trail.  Tick numbers have increased the
previous several years.  They became so numerous that I became sufficiently
curious to count them.  (I'm not usually this anal.)

I walk my dog daily on a circuit about a mile in length, removing ticks from
us as we walk along.  On two occasions this year, I removed 104 ticks and
107 ticks from my dog and  97 and 102, respectively, from myself.  These are
the season high numbers.  It is not unusual, however, to remove about 150
between the two of us per walk.  Tick season begins when it becomes hot,
usually April or May, and ends when the humidity begins to diminish, about a
month ago.  The one in front wins the most ticks.

How did you like the Tuscarora Trail hike?  Do you have the citation of the
Trail Guide publisher?

Thanks.

Steve