From: South Walker
Date: Sunday, August 18, 2002 2:59:41 PM
To: AT-L
Subject: [at-l] Re: When nature calls

The human body hydrates best while we rest and if liquids are avoided at
evening then the body will not get as fully hydrated as it could with
adequate liquids. Even if you avoid all-out dehydration you might find leg
cramps to be almost a normal daily thing.

On this I speak from personal experience from my early hiking days. When I
gave my concern about having to get up at night to pee and drank as I
normally would the cramps ceased and my hiking energy greatly improved.