From: at-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:at-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of Wilderness1
Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2002 13:09
To: icw39@ncfreedom.net; ATListserv
Subject: Re: [at-l] Considerations.

--
OK here is some info on Naphtha based products...
Coleman fuel, Lighter fluids, and Naphtha...

(zippo) and other brands of lighter fluids 'are Naphtha based'  with a flash
point around 115 deg C and a slow evaporation rate...

VM&P Naphtha has a flash point of around 130 deg C and a medium evaporation
rate...

and Coleman (OzarK) fuel is not actually "white gas" by definition.
It is a refined naphtha mixture which can contain, penatne, hexane, or other
additives and has a flash point of 35 deg C to 74 deg C and a higher
evaporation rate...depending on mixture and sold by name...

This could lead to a real danger if used in a zippo lighter...!

As an antiseptic... not advised... according to testing...
Can be considered a carcinogen. Skin contact may lead to drying or
dermatitis. Chronic exposure may cause CNS damage. also... respiratory and
eye irritant. Typical PEL 100 ppm

Jeff/ wilderness1