[at-l] diabetic thru hikers ?

Funny, when I started reading this Forum, it was a great way to get into
the day ! I wasn't going to hike the AT, just read the next journals.
And the daily journals have been wonderful.

So, an unexpected early retirement, a little too late to get into hiking
the AT this year, but.....

I'm a computer jock, a keyboard banger. I get to pop the pills for type
two diabetes in the morning. I don't see anyone mentioning this as
something to deal with in the journals. A lot of weight loss, old age,
stiff jounts, hearing loss, even sight loss. Are there people thru
hiking with diabetes ? I used to backpack, just a bedroll and sack of
food, back as a kid. Got to hump the ruck in the service a bit. But,
nothing long, nothing miles from everything with no support. I look
forward to comments and advice.