[at-l] Maine section information sought

Hi All

Our next section hike being planned for will be from Gorham NH to Monson ME.
(about 180 miles) We'll probably start Sept. 7th and target 2 weeks total. I
have some questions about logistics:

1) resupply points -  we'd like to resupply every 5-7 days (less is
better) - (miles from Gorham):
40.4 miles - Andover    too soon?
63.8 miles - Quossoc    looks OK  <-------------- Maybe here
77.1 miles - Rangely    looks too close to Quossoc
109.1 miles - Stratton    looks OK <-------------- And here
145.7 miles - Caratunk    looks OK <------------- And here if we run low

Any opinions about which of these are good, bad, etc. We expect to mail or
ship packages ahead either to PO or to someone who accepts packages.  We are
not averse to staying in a Hostel or B&B provided it doesn't blow the
schedule.

2) Need ride from Monson to Bangor (about 65 miles via roads).  Probably
we'll stay at Shaws when we get there for one night (unless it's early
enough to get to Bangor).

Hitchhike?
Shuttle?

Thanks