Hiking and sex ;-)} (was [at-l] Grease Pot Capacity and Weight?)

My humble apologies.

I should have excluded the professionals in my statement. ;-)}

[BTW the above ;-)} is assuming you intended a VBG, or something of the
sort.]

I am sure the proper application of the term by professionals impugns only
clinical considerations.  However, I still hold that pejorative connotations
are attached when used in the vernacular by nonprofessionals to describe the
behavior of others.  But then again many of the terms which you use
professionally have very unfortunate  pejorative connotations as used in the
vernacular by nonprofessionals -- which is a sad situation.

BTW , to lighten things up -- have you ever noticed that hiking, like sexual
activity, is not only good exercise but also evokes the
what-I-do-is-the-norm mindset?  That is, someone else is inhibited, is in
avoidance, etc; if (s)he doesn't do what I do, like what I like, attempt
what I attempt, etc.  OTOH, if someone else does, likes, attempts, etc
things with which I am uncomfortable they are driven, reckless, excessive,
etc.

Chainsaw