[at-l] Contact lenses

Hi All,

I have a question about contact lenses and glasses. Usually when I go backpacking, I just bring my glasses and use them. My problem with that is, since I wear contact lenses at all other times, I don't own prescription sunglasses, so it can be annoying to be out in the direct sun, even with a hat.

How do people bring their lenses along on a trip? It seems to me that my hands would be too dirty to put in and remove my lenses, plus the solution would be another thing to carry and keep stocked.

Any thoughts?

Josh