[at-l] AntiVirus Maintenance, Klez

I'm coming in late to this virus discussion so pardon me if I'm repeating
something already said.

I use Symantec's Norton AntiVirus program and I'm very pleased with it.  It
has a program called LiveUpdate for getting on the web manually or
automatically and downloading the most recent virus "signatures."  The
latest LiveUpdate setup can check for updates in the background any time
I'm on the web (every 5 minutes?).  I've turned that off because I have a
slow modem dialup and don't want to sacrifice response time while this
thing is constantly checking.  (But I might turn it on if and when I get a
full-time broadband connection.)  Instead, I use the Windows Task Scheduler
to automatically dial up and run LiveUpdate *every* night at 1:30am while
I'm sleeping.  (Obviously, I leave my PC on 24/7.)  Although virus
signatures are normally updated by Norton/Symantec about once a week, I
never know when.  But I always have the latest the next morning.

Perhaps this has been said already concerning the Klez worm.  It sends out
email on its own to people in the host PC email listings.  Furthermore, it
identifies the email as coming, not from the infected host PC, but from one
of the other email addresses on that machine.  Hence, if you receive the
Klez worm in an email supposedly from me, it really came from someone else
that I corresponded with.

Jackrabbit